Our Governing Board, as community representatives, share our dedication to the education of our children. As part of a caring community, the are committed to helping us establish the highest standards possible for our students' giving freely of their time and talents. They also help us fulfill out school's mission statement.
Please feel free to attend our regularly scheduled Board meetings. You can check the district calendar for further information and meeting times. You may view our fiscal year 2016-2017 Expenditure Budget.
Our Governing Board Members are:
Mr. Ed Tillery - President
Mr. Jess Patton - Vice President
Mr. Everett Plummer - Clerk
Our fundamental convictions, values, and beliefs as a school are that:
- Every student can learn.
- Every student can be motivated.
- Every student has a right to equal and equitable educational opportunities.
- Every student is unique, intrinsically valuable, and deserves respect.
- Each student has the right to develop to his/her full potential.
- Every student deserves a safe, orderly, and nurturing learning environment.
- Learning is a life-long process.
- The school's primary responsibilities are the intellectual and emotional growth of each student.
- The school, parents, and the community share the responsibility for fostering each student's social, physical, and aesthetic development.
- The school system must foster the development of values and ethics reflective of the community such as honesty, respect, dependability, responsibility, and accountability.
- The environment of the school is crucial in fostering the dignity and self-esteem of students, parents, and staff.
- A direct relationship exists between what is expected of students and what is actually achieved.
- The school system should prepare students to become contributing citizens in our society.
- Education is a shared responsibility of schools, families, students and communities.
- Public education is a cornerstone of our democracy.
- Cultural diversity of students, staff, and community is an asset.